Interview Day is tomorrow!
On Thursday, January 17 marks LA Term’s main internship event, Interview Day. Interview Day is the final event in the internship placement process after many days of meetings, office visits, resume drafting, and networking. At this point, our LA Term students are placed in an incredibly difficult position of selecting only three organizations to request an interview. LA Term has so many great internship partners, it is hard for students to narrow down their choices to just three.Event Details
Thursday, January 17th
9:00am – 7:00pm
* specific interview times are in the attachment
** each interview is in 30-minute increments
Los Angeles Term Program
Azusa Pacific University
Go to: 2nd Floor Registration Table
3580 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Map & Directions
View Los Angeles Term in a larger map
Organizations must come prepared with questions for students to identify qualifications, skills, and previous experience. Please reference student’s resume in the interview when necessary. Put them on the spot, it’s a good practice.
Total interview time is 30 minutes per student. There are no longer 15-minute buffer times in between. Interviews are back-to-back. Organizations can choose how to govern their time during the 30 minutes.
Volunteers will be outside of the classroom timing the interview and will notify you when you have 5 minutes left in the interview.
Interviewers, please be on time for your first interview. In case of something unexpected, please call/text Frank Romero-Crockett’s mobile at (213) 448-2289 and let him know your estimated time of arrival.
We must follow the strict interview schedule since we are accommodate many organization’s schedules. We understand you have a busy work schedule and appreciate your participation in the event. We will try to accommodate as best as we can.
Parking is free with validation, which will be distributed at the end of your final interview. You will receive your parking validation at the 2nd floor registration table. Parking without validation is $15.75. You don’t want to leave without it.
We strongly encourage taking public transportation to the LA Regional Center. We are just off the Metro Purple Line – Wilshire/Normandie station.
If you are interviewing during the middle of the day, please allow for extra time to find parking in the Paramount Plaza Visitor Parking garage. Parking is more difficult to find during peak banks hours in the afternoon. If parking garage is full, please drive across the street to St. Basil’s Catholic Church on the corner of Wilshire/Kingsley (click here). Bring cash.
- After conducting all interviews, organizations will rank their top students and give their final list to the LA Term staff. Students will also have the opportunity to do a final re-rank of their Final 3 organizations.
- On Friday morning, Dr. Ryan Bell, course professor and myself will carefully match each student to an organization (based on final rankings) and propose a match on Friday, January 18th.
- Organizations can receive a maximum of 2 student interns.
- Organization can confirm or deny proposed placement match. Organizations are under no obligation to receive proposed match.
- First day of internship must start after Tuesday, January 22nd